What we will use your personal data for
We may use Entrant’ personal data:
- To facilitate run, operate and enable the Competition, including the administration of Entrants’ contact information.
- To process the Entries, including the submission of Postal Entries and purchase of Paid Entries to the Competition.
- To liaise with the Winner and Runners Up about their respective prizes.
- To improve our services, and as part of our collection of customer feedback.
- To liaise with or comply with any request by any appropriate governing or regulatory body
- For any other reason disclosed to you on the Website
The personal data collected by the Promoter in respect of this Competition will be communicated and/or processed by trusted and appointed persons, who, in pursuit of the above objectives, carry out operational, technical and organisational tasks.
Rights of Interested Parties
Rights of customers in UK law are respected by the Promoter. The customer may obtain upon request:
- Confirmation or otherwise of the existence of data concerning them, information about the origin of personal data, the purpose and methods of processing it, and the basis of processing in cases where this is done using electronic instruments.
- The cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in violation of the law, as well as updating, rectification or, where interested, integration of data, unless it is impossible or involves the use of disproportionate means. Entrants may also object to, for legitimate reasons, the processing of personal data about them, even if it relates to the purpose of the data collection. However, the collection of data will only be made to carry out those processes that are necessary, proportionate and legitimate in fulfilment of the Competition.
The Entrant can also object to the processing of personal data for sending advertising material or otherwise. Data will not be retained for market research or business communications outside of this competition.
Website and Cookies
To make the Website work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most websites do this.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. For details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Monitoring and Improving the Website
To enable us to monitor and improve the Website, we may gather certain data about you when you use the Website, including details of your operating system, browser version and type, browser language and Internet Service Provider. We will always be able to identify your IP address. This is a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet. Your IP address will tell us your geographic location and your domain.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may provide links to third party sites. We cannot guarantee that such third party sites will protect your personal data and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
Other important privacy information
Where you have signed up to our newsletter, or given explicit consent, we may use your personal data to contact you for marketing purposes. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
Concerns and Complaints
Any concerns regarding privacy matters should be directed to [email protected] Responses will be acknowledged within 14 days.
If an Entrant is not satisfied with the way in which their concern has been handled, they can raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) either by telephone: 0303 123 1113 or by post to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.